PE and Sports Premium
The Primary PE and Sport Premium was launched by the Government in April 2013. The aim of the Primary Sport Premium is to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport. Prior to the Academic Year 2017/18 schools received £8,000 lump sum plus an allocation of £5 per child within year groups 1-6. From September 2017 the funding allocation doubled to £16,000 lump sum plus an allocation of £10 per child within year groups 1 – 6.
Thorntree Academy must publish specific information online with regard to the Sport Premium. This will include:
- the amount of premium received
- a full breakdown of how it has been spent (or will be spent)
- the impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how the improvements will be sustainable in the future
- how many pupils within the year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
How Thorntree Academy can spend the Premium
The premium must be spent by the Academy on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. The Academy is under guidance from the Secretary of State in terms of specific categories of expenditure which the premium can be spent on. A link to the funding guidance can be found below: