Financial and Resources Committee
1.To consider the budget allocation from the LA and approve a budget for the financial year.
2.To fire between budget headings during the course of year.
3.Day to day management be delegated to the Head Teacher
To fire between budget headings during the course of the year:
Spending Limits in line with school financial procedures
- To the Head Teacher: Delegated powers up to a ceiling of £5,000 on any single item purchased, without reference to the Finance Committee (unless these purchases have already been agreed with governors within the reported School/Premises or ICT Development Plans). Any emergency expenditure of more than £5,000 on maintenance of the site will be reported to the committee.
- Committee Level: expenditure up to £15,000.
- Any expenditure over that will be submitted for approval to the full Governing board with the recommendation of the Committee.
4. To monitor spending and examine outturn figures during the financial year.
5. To follow the LA’s guidelines when entering into contractual agreements.
6. To determine charges for lettings.
7. To liaise with the Raising Achievement members and the full Governing Body over matters relating to School Development Plans
8. To determine the staffing levels and annual teaching staff establishment and recruit in line with Safer Recruitment Guidelines.
9. Ensure up to date and relevant training regarding safeguarding procedures are in place and monitor the effectiveness of policies and practices;
10. To determine the grades for non-teaching staff in accordance with LA Job Evaluation.
11. To advise the Governing Board of and approve the School Charging Policy.
12. Implement, review and approve finance policy on an annual basis.
13. Review and approve the school Pay policy on an annual basis.
14. To monitor and evaluate staff absences in line with the Staff Absence Management Policy.
15. To implement the governing Body’s Pay Policy for all staff (teaching and non-teaching) including the annual review of teachers’ salaries, Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher as required by law.
16. To advise on matters relating to competitive tendering.
17. To consider and report to the Governing Body on aspects of building and premises including monitoring the (DDA) Disability Discrimination Action Plan and Equal Opportunities compliance.
18. To determine the number and deployment of posts above the basic level.
19. To ensure that arrangements for Performance Management/Threshold Payments are implemented.