Raising Achievement (Strategic Planning)
- To monitor/evaluate progress against the OFSTED Action Plan (where applicable) or the LA CAT Plan
- To advise the Governing Body in establishing a curriculum policy statement.
- To consider and have delegated power to respond to the LA with regard to their, Children, Families & Learning Plan;
- In liaison with the Head Teacher, to agree statutory (KS4) and non-statutory targets aimed at raising standards of pupil performance;
- To approve policies for sex education, religious education, collective worship SEN, Inclusion and other as deemed necessary and advise the Governing Board accordingly.
- To monitor and evaluate pupil performance including targeted groups: i.e. Ability Groups and Vulnerable groups e.g. Looked After Children, Ethnic Minority/English as an Additional Language, SEN, Travellers, Refugees/Asylum Seekers, excluded pupils termly using comparative data from the RAISEonline PIVATS and school pupil tracking systems.
- To advise the Governing Body on curriculum organisation.
- To liaise with the Head Teacher over the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of School Improvement Plans.
- To contribute, monitor and evaluate the School Self Evaluation Form.
- Monitor the effects of pupil attendance, fixed term and permanent exclusions on pupil attainment through the Head Teacher’s report.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the way school promotes Community Cohesion/Extended Schools.
- To consider any requests from the school for residential educational visits and journeys relating to the curriculum. The named governor for Health and Safety to monitor risk assessment and report annually to the full governing body.