Complaints/Concerns and Appeals Committees
Chair of Complaints: To be appointed at time of meeting.
Chair of Appeals Committee: To be appointed at time of meeting. Clerk:
￼￼￼￼Pool Membership for Complaints and Appeals Committees (excluding staff)
A Governor who serves on a Complaints Committee may not serve on an Appeals Committee
(Gender balance of governors should sit on each Committee if possible subject to availability of respective governors)
Complaints/Concerns Committee Remit:
- To consider matters relating to pupil behaviour.
- To determine matters relating to the reinstatement of a permanently excluded pupil. To receive and act on any complaint from parents according to school policy.
- To discuss the need for staff reduction, and, if necessary set the criteria for nominating a member of staff as redundant.
- To determine which member(s) of staff will be nominated for dismissal/redundancy by applying the criteria established.
- To liaise and carry out formal consultation with representatives of recognised Trade Unions prior to the meeting of the nominating Committee.
- To consider any issue relating to capability, disciplinary or grievance.
- To consider appeals following Performance Management reviews to meet within 10 working days of receipt of an employee’s notification of appeal;
- Confirm decision following Performance Management appeal within 10 days of the date i
- which it met and made the decision.
- To meet when required.
Appeals Committee Remit:
- To hear an appeal from a member of staff regarding the decision to dismiss that member of staff, and determine, in the light of the appeal, whether the decision to dismiss should be upheld.
- To consider any appeal against grading from a member of the non-teaching staff and decide whether the appeal can be upheld.
- To hear appeals in respect of capability, disciplinary or grievance.
- To consider any appeal against salary assessment/grading from members of staff (teaching and non-teaching) and determine whether the appeal can be upheld.
- To hear pay appeal following decision of original Performance Management appeal.